I thought you had to freeze it first.
I’m obviously biased towards The Clark given the purple-colored glasses through which I view the world, but even the most objective visitor has to admit it’s fantastic.
Above is one of my favorite pieces in the collection, Degas’ Little Dancer Aged Fourteen. And when I was back for Reunion in 2009, they had a fantastic Dove/O’Keeffe exhibit that was amazing.
If you are ever in the Berkshires, I highly recommend a visit.
Great moments in branding
Dawn over Atlanta
This Corn Cappelletti recipe looks delicious, must try. I love corn.
Another Tasting Table recipe I want to try…might be breaking it out for a 49ers tailgate (can’t believe football season is just weeks away)! They are really winning me over making these recipes seem super accessible and doable.
On Monday I went to a Chicago
GSB Booth (still adjusting to the change) breakfast with Professor JP Dube, for a discussion on his research on brand preferences.
It was a great discussion, hearing about the persistence in brand preference throughout a consumer’s lifetime. The challenge of researching the premise was access to a lifetime of data, and as a solution Dube used Nielsen data for households who had moved – does where you live in the past influence what you buy where you live now? Turns out yes–to an extent.
What was interesting was that immediately after a consumer moved, buying behavior changed 60%. That to me is huge. But then, it takes a while to close the other 40%, and never fully closes–that represents the persistent brand preference.
Anyway, the overall talk was about persistent brand preferences, but I kept being drawn back to where the data came from–the impact of a move on people, and at a macro level, on society. The research showed geographically different brand preferences, distinct buckets of goods. As more people buy online–I mean you can pretty much get anything from Amazon, and if it’s hard to find, all the more reason to go straight there–what does that mean for geographically different brand preferences over time? When you remove the geographic barrier of availability, shelf space, etc, then what?
Holland, 1945 by Neutral Milk Hotel
This song fires me up every time.