I always find some great new music from Fred’s lists…
Month: December 2010
Transparency – Why Netflix is Great
My Top 5 Artists (Week Ending 2010-12-19)
French Onion Dip
Can’t wait to try this French Onion Dip recipe from Tasting Table:
Recipe adapted from Michelle Mah of The Brixton
Makes 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons (␣ stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. In large skillet, combine the butter, oil, onions, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized, about 20 more minutes. Let the onions cool.
3. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and Dijon mustard until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the dip to a baking dish and bake until bubbling, about 8 minutes. Serve with crackers or sturdy potato chips.
My Top 5 Artists (Week Ending 2010-12-12)
The Internet we know today exists only because, until now, there have been no gatekeepers between consumers and service providers. We need to keep it that way.
Fantasy Football Week 14
Won by .42 points, the narrowest of margins, securing my brother a spot in the playoffs. If you can’t make the playoffs, at least be a spoiler, right? Survived two players with negative points (Cutler and Mike Thomas) thanks to a great performance by pick-up Brian Westbrook, the only double-digits on my team this week.
Consolation playoffs here we come! 😦
Fantasy Football Week 13
My first win streak of the season comes now that I’m mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. And a close one – a 2 point victory! Sigh.
This weekend, a win for Hurricane Ditka means my bro makes the playoffs…