Can’t wait to try this French Onion Dip recipe from Tasting Table:
Recipe adapted from Michelle Mah of The Brixton
Makes 8 servings
- 4 tablespoons (␣ stick) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- kosher salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. In large skillet, combine the butter, oil, onions, cayenne, 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper and cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelized, about 20 more minutes. Let the onions cool.
3. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, blend the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic and Dijon mustard until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Transfer the dip to a baking dish and bake until bubbling, about 8 minutes. Serve with crackers or sturdy potato chips.